Instagram         Twitter        LookBook         Facebook         YouTube

Saturday, 26 October 2013

Make Up Tutorial

The other day I posted this photo on my Instagram and a girl asked if I could make a tutorial for the make up. It's not actually that difficult to do and I'd never done it before either, most of it was just improvisation. But I thought it would be a good idea for a post so today I've been taking lots of photos and videos to show you how it's done. I haven't done anything fancy to the videos because 1. I was short on time and 2. I could barely get my mini tripod to stand up so there's no chance of me editing a video. Hopefully you'll be able to follow all of it easily though.

Before I started doing my make up I moisturised my whole face with Nivea Soft Moisturising cream and put some Vaseline lip balm on. I do this every day but you don't have to do it if it's not part of your routine. I'm also going to mention that I don't wear foundation, and never have, which is why you will not find a section showing you how to do it. If you wear foundation or concealer just put that on before you start following the steps in this post. Here's a photo of me before I put any make up on:

To begin with I always make my eyebrows a little bit darker than they are just to add definition. Also the ends of your eyebrows are a great way to tell where the end of your eyeliner should be so doing this first makes the rest a lot easier. I use a brown Rimmel brow liner (001 Dark Brown). I'll be honest with you, I don't even know where this pencil came from it just appeared in my makeup bag one day. But I think it's pretty old.

Next I do my eyeliner. Usually I do mine really thick and have it curving up towards the end of my eyebrow but this time I have done it straight across. You can choose where you want the end of the "flick" to be, I've made mine in line with the end of my eyebrow but if you're going for a really dramatic look you can always make it longer. I don't begin the eyeliner right at the inner corner of my eye because I think it makes my eyes look a lot smaller, instead I start it in the middle of my lash line. For this I'm using Maybelline expression Kajal pencil liner (33 Black) but you can also use a liquid liner too. I just find that pencil is a lot softer which suits this look.


For the eyeshadow I'm using my sister's new ME (Makeover Essentials) palette. Apparently it's a new brand(?). All I know is that the eyeshadow is really good. I picked a plain dark brown mixed with a sparkly, lighter brown for the eyeshadow. I don't really have a reason for this except brown usually makes my eyes look bluer. I start at the inner part of my eyelid and apply the eyeshadow all underneath my brow bone, making sure that there's quite a lot in the crease to add some definition to it. Then I swipe the brush just above the eyeliner that I did before, to make a thin line that ends in a point past my eyebrow.


For the bottom lash line I use the same eyeshadow and make a small line, parallel to the top one and make it into a point as I did before. This one should be a little bit longer than your eyeliner but shorter than the eyeshadow for the top eyelid. If you want to make it a bit darker you can put some eyeliner along the lash line too, which I have also done. I usually match the length of this to the upper eyelid liner or maybe a little bit longer. Make sure to blend it in though so that it isn't harsh against the rest of the makeup.


Because my eyes are quite small I like to put a little bit of white eyeliner on the inner corners of my eyes. This lightens the area and somehow makes your eyes look bigger. I bought a Natural Collection white eyeliner for this and I just apply it from where my eyeliner begins towards my nose on both the upper and lower lash line. I then just dab it with my finger to make sure it is blended in with the rest of the make up and that there are no big clumps.


The last step of the eye makeup is to put on some mascara. This is a simple step but you can all have a photo anyway. I do that wiggle and swipe technique if you really need to know. That is the best way I can explain it.


By now your make up should look something like this, if not you might have done something wrong. Or maybe you need some more practice hehe.



Now for the lips I used two different lipsticks and you'll probably see why in a second. The ones I used are Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss (01) and one that my grandma gave me when I was younger. Like the brow liner it is very old and the label has rubbed off so I don't know where it's from. But it's a kind of dark browny-purple. Here's a photo:


Now I put the red Kate Moss lipstick on (I could literally sniff this stuff for the rest of my life it smells so good) and it wasn't the colour I really wanted. I thought it just took away from the eye makeup and ruined the whole thing so... I put the darker, browny-purple lipstick over the top. Which made it a bit duller and matched the makeup a lot more. Over the top of that I put a Maybelline Colour Sensational Cream Gloss (360 Stellar Berry). It just makes your lips look really shiny and juicy.


And that's it!The final thing should look something like this:











I know this has been a very long post to read and sorry to anyone who isn't interested in this kind of thing. But thanks for reading and I hope it's helpful :)
P.s. Apologies to anyone looking at this from a mobile as the videos don't seem to work :(

No comments:

Post a Comment