Instagram         Twitter        LookBook         Facebook

Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Inspired By Mustard









When I say "inspired by Mustard" I don't mean the condiment, I mean Jenny Mustard the minimalist vegan food blogger. We have followed each other on Instagram for a long time now and we started chatting recently when I became vegan. She gave me loads of helpful tips and places to shop, I also look to her blog for food inspiration too! Our styles, in a way, are very similar. Mainly focusing on bright white backgrounds, white hair and lack of eyebrows... We both decided to do a little challenge for ourselves and create a look inspired by the other person. I've taken inspiration from a lot of aspects of Jenny, her outfits, makeup, hair, settings and even tried some of her poses. One of my favourite things that she wears is her fishnet top with a black bra underneath. It's really simple but daring. I matched that with a skirt that I've had for a long time and always wanted to show off! I had never found the right time until now. Jenny is often seen wearing her winged eyeliner and dark red lipstick so this is what I chose for the look although I added the dots under my eyes from one of my fave photos of her! When I look at Jenny Mustard's photos of herself I see an elegance in her arms and hands. She holds them in a way that a ballerina or doll would, I think this is one of the best things about Jenny, although it's such a small detail. I think the hardest part of this photoshoot was the hair! My hair is obviously a lot longer than Jenny's but I managed to clip it up to look shorter (after many attempts may I add). And after trying short hair I think I might incorporate it into more of my own pictures. If you are vegan or want to try vegan recipes I really recommend taking a look at her blog.

You can find Jenny Mustard's social media pages here:

BLOG
INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment